Rule the World

It's time to begin my manifesto.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

No. 001: Blurred Vision

When I rule the world: laser eye surgery will be free on the NHS (or your Government-sponsored healthcare plan of choice), and will be completely safe and reliable.

I am sick of wearing contact lenses. Some days my eyes love them, and I can wear them for 18 hours without a complaint. Other days, they get dry and scratchy after twenty minutes. And it's not even like I push my luck and wear lenses that haven't been cleaned properly: I only use daily disposable lenses.

Glasses are even worse. My glasses are always smeared, and it infuriates me. My eyesight was fine until my mid-twenties, and I suppose I should be grateful that I haven't had these issues since childhood, but I just hate not having 20:20 vision. I probably should have eaten more carrots as a young girl.

3 Comments:

At 5:57 pm, Blogger TH said...

ha ha ha...no tv but have internet?? i thought i was the only one to claim that 'feat' :)

 
At 6:10 pm, Blogger kindred said...

It's it brilliant? All the news, with none of the reality TV. I love affected a furrowed brow when subjects like Desperate Housewives come up.

 
At 6:11 pm, Blogger kindred said...

I can't believe I wrote 'affected' instead of 'affecting' on my own comments section. Truly, I am a fool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home